This weekend! 10/18. The SUP Fest in Zamami! Reception and SUP events held at Ama Beach from 10:30 AM.
Zamami Island has in recent years become a hot spot for standup paddleboarding (SUP.) SUP originated in Hawaii as an offshoot of surfing, and has made its way across the rest of the Pacific to Zamami. Zamami is a perfect location for the sport due to its beautiful scenery, many islands, and clear and calm waters.
So, as a tropical autumn starts to take hold in Zamami, visitors and locals alike can still have fun and make the most of the national-park status ocean. Although Zamami is often known as a diving mecca, the SUP Fest in Zamami gives everyone a chance to have fun on the water instead of in the water.
The festivals events are as follows:
- Try SUP! (free)
- Try out SUP for yourself, for free.
- 11:00-15:00 (check in 10:30-14:30)
- Team Relay (paid)
- SUP is fun as an individual sport but as a team sport it’s even better.
- 16:30 (registration 10:30-16:30)
- 1 team of 3 people is ￥1500
- SUP-Snorkeling Tour (paid)
- Make your way to Zamami’s best snorkeling spots by standup paddleboard.
- Tour #1 (12:30-14:00)
- Tour #2 (14:00 15:30)
- ￥3000 per person
- Fest After Party
- Pig roast at IRIE (in Zamami.)
- ￥2000 per person
- 19:30 start
Zamami’s three SUP shops are running the event. For any questions, please call the shops listed below or the Zamami Tourist Information Center (Tel. 098-987-2277).